Workday Quality Assurance Lead Omaha, NE Omaha, NE - Contract
13660 California St Omaha, NE 68101 US
The Workday Quality Assurance Test Lead is responsible for owning, leading the planning, preparation and execution of the testing efforts in support of the implementation of Workday Financials including Core Financials?, Accounting Center?, Fixed Assets, Financial Planning?, Prism Analytics?, Expenses?, and Projects. The Test Lead will ensure the timely completion of test scenarios per the program schedule. The role will manage all testing efforts, by drafting the testing strategy and test plan, coordinating creation of test scenarios, securing all testing resources, assigning the appropriate testing resources to scenarios, sequencing and linking scenarios as applicable to scope, managing the execution of the test scenarios, following up on test issues to completion, and obtaining sign off on testing activities for all testing cycles.
The Testing Lead will report to Finance and holds overall functional testing plan responsibility, monitors and reports on functional test progress, consults with all functional areas to adapt test plans as needed, and partners to ensure test plans are thorough and properly represent functional needs.
- Define test strategy, scope and approach based on experience and input from project leadership.
- Leadership of a team responsible for the execution of a large, complex testing effort that spans multiple systems and business functions.
- Own all planning and preparation for this End-to-End Test cycle including defining the scenarios to be tested, determining who the testers are, sequencing and linking scenarios as applicable, assigning scenarios to testers, creation, and maintenance of a test scenario tracking tool, and organizing all testing logistics.
- Own all planning and preparation for this Test cycle defining the scenarios to be tested, determining who the testers are, and organizing all testing logistics for Production Dress Rehearsal.
- Manage and coordinate the process of creating the test strategy, test plan, test scenarios, and identify test resources and test data prep for each test phase. Responsible for Test Execution Preparation Management that includes the preparation for testing is a project-wide effort impacting and requiring coordination and management across all areas of the project.
- Support delivering job aids/quick reference guides to test during Production Dress Rehearsal and capture feedback.
- Develop tools, processes and metrics needed to support efficient test execution, defect tracking and progress reporting.
- Will participate in reviewing the finalized business requirements and obtain clarifications from the project team to support test plans and materials.
- Ensure that tests are successfully completed, documented and resolved.
- Responsible for communicating progress, issues and risks to key project stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- BA /BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance or business analysis with deep experience in testing techniques/approaches.
- Functional Financial experience testing core financials including GL, AR, AP, and Fixed Assets. Workday Financials experience desired (Core Financials, Accounting Center, Financial Planning?, Prism Analytics?, Expenses?, Fixed Assets) but not required.
- End-to-end testing, Testing Planning, Test Execution, UAT, Regression. Demonstrate extensive knowledge of quality assurance and testing processes and methodologies.
- Must have experience analyzing functional and technical requirements and mapping documents and transforming them into a comprehensive Test Plan.
- Experience with using Excel to manage testing milestones and share with the Project Team.
- Experience preparing routine reports to keep Project Team up to date on project status.
- Experience working and communicating with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated skills in use of MS Office software.
- Start Date: November 1, 2023
- Assignment Length: 6-12 month contract