SQL Server Developer with VB.NET
1700 Farnam Street Omaha, NE 68102 US
Remote or Omaha, NE Remote or Omaha, NE Hybrid
1 YEAR CONTRACT WITH OPTION TO EXTEND
This is a terrific opportunity to showcase your SQL Server expertise while also utilizing your development skills supporting VB.NET! You will join the team that supports this legacy application soon to be migrated to C#.NET. Your primary focus will be providing support, resolving issues and completing root cause analysis to share with the team as the new application is being defined. Your responsibilities will be mostly related to SQL SRV (70%). This role will be on-call and does require on the spot resolution to issues. You will also provide minor application enhancements as needed.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Expert level SQL Server Developer with a minimum of 8 years of fundamental experience including stored procedures, materialized views, triggers, database tables, structures, schemas, dictionaries, etc
- Experience as a SQL DBA a plus
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ of VB.NET development experience
- Experience with bug fixes and enhancements
- Knowledge of some C# best practices and any SOA experience
- Experienced with research associated work
- Strong troubleshooting skills providing on-call support as necessary - after hours / weekends.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Assignment Length: 1 year-contract with option to extend
- Work location options: Remote or Omaha, NE Remote or Omaha, NE Hybrid