MS Power BI Developer/BA/Reporting Support
Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Contract
BI Reporting Analyst with Power BI, Tableau or Excel
Overland Park, KS
CSS Staffing has an open position with our client in Overland Park, KS for a BI Reporting Analyst with Power BI, Tableau or Excel. This role will work directly with the business to adapt developed reports to support their custom data visualization solutions to improve business processes. This job involves tasks such as working with the business team modify and creating dashboard reports, collaborate with BI Developers as they build new reports and attending feedback sessions to improve systems. The BI team creates and manages BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge and enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
* Structure business problems and recommend visualization solutions.
* Develop a strong understanding of business requirements; working with business users/business analysts to define technical and process requirements.
* Support the development of predictive models and statistical analysis to support current and future business needs.
* Leverage functionality (parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, etc.) to create analytical dashboards with business users.
* Work with business to train and create ad-hoc reporting for diverse business problems including product development, customer acquisition, enterprise risk, financial reporting, and process improvement.
* Execute data queries across multiple data sources in support of business intelligence reporting needs. Format query results/reports in various ways.
* Design, develop, and maintain self-service reports and dashboards, identifying KPIs to let business answer drivers of results, predict future outcomes and/or perform what-if analysis.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
* Bachelor's degree required with preference in a Technology related area.
* 3+ years' experience in Information Technology (or equivalent role)
* Hands on experience creating self-service tools/dashboards used to perform what-if analysis, predict future outcomes and highlight drivers of business results.
* Power BI or Tableau or other dash-boarding tool equivalent.
* Start Date: ASAP
* 6 month contract with option to extend or hire
* Direct hire - Candidates must be eligible to work in the US on a W2 basis without sponsorship or visa transfer