Director, Application Technology
Omaha, NE 68164 US
The Director oversees the strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of core IT applications within the organization. The Director will lead a team of skilled professionals to ensure the efficient functioning of the company's software systems, streamline processes, and drive technological innovation to support college objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Strategic Leadership:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive IT application strategy aligned with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to identify technology needs and opportunities for college growth.
- Define and prioritize IT application projects, ensuring resource allocation and timely project delivery.
- Team Management:
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of IT professionals, including application developers, analysts, and architects.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment, encouraging professional growth and skill development.
- Supervises assigned staff by hiring, training, approving work schedule, establish objectives and complete performance evaluations.
- Application Development and Maintenance:
- Oversee the design, development, testing, documentation, and deployment of software applications that meet college requirements.
- Ensure adherence to coding standards, best practices, and security protocols in application development.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to resolve technical issues, implement upgrades, and provide ongoing maintenance.
- Ensure professional and timely communication to end users on application changes.
- Vendor and Stakeholder Management:
- Collaborate with vendors, external partners, and internal stakeholders to evaluate, select, and manage third-party applications and services.
- Build strong relationships with business units to understand their needs and provide effective technology solutions.
- Innovation and Emerging Technologies:
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies to recommend innovative solutions that enhance operational efficiency and competitive advantage.
- Lead the evaluation of new technologies, tools, and methodologies that can drive process improvements and innovation.
- Risk Management and Compliance:
- Ensure applications are developed and maintained in compliance with industry standards, regulatory requirements, and data security guidelines.
- Implement and monitor security protocols to safeguard sensitive information and prevent data breaches.
- Budgeting and Resource Allocation:
- Develop and manage the IT application technology budget, ensuring effective allocation of resources for projects and operational needs.
- Monitor project costs and timelines to ensure projects are delivered within budget.
- Attend work activities or programs as scheduled or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current operating systems and computer languages.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art hardware and information management systems.
- Knowledge of business administration systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other college supported systems.
- Skill in identifying and evaluating new technological developments.
- Skill in operating a variety of hardware and software equipment.
- Skill in demonstrating a cooperative, professional attitude.
- Organizational and management skills.
- Skill in supervising and training staff in a positive manner.
- Skill in coaching supervisory staff.
- Skill in maintaining organized records to complete required reports and meet management objectives.
- Ability to read documents/contracts.
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands.
- Ability to develop and maintain a budget.
- Ability to hire and train staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Five (5) years of related work experience. Three (3) years (out of 5) to be in management and supervision.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience considered.
- Supervisory experience to include coaching, performance management and team dynamics required.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, architecture, and best practices.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and developing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to align technology initiatives with business strategies.
- Experience with vendor management, contract negotiation, and stakeholder engagement.
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols, compliance standards, and data protection.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Project management expertise with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
BENEFITS – HIGHLIGHTED
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Health & Dental 100% Paid for Employee
- Guaranteed 3% Annual Performance Increase
- 401k 8.5% Match with 2% Employee Contribution
- Paid Holiday break from Christmas Eve through New Years Day